1.08.2009

I Don't Like Recycling.

It's something we all do, even more so this time of year. It's easy, simple, just open the door and go, but still, I just don't like recycling my runs. I like options. I like choosing from a number of routes, or better yet, to try something new... to get lost. For me as a runner, I feel like a hamster on a wheel during this time of the year, caught in a vicious cycle of the mundane. The options are limited: do I run it regular, backward, for time, maybe throw in a fartlek? It's still the same.

But things are changing, the sun is now working with me and on March 8th time will too. I can't wait to spring forward and re-acquaint myself with a number of my favorite routes. Until then, I guess I could get up early to catch a couple extra rays of daylight... but, you know, March 8th really isn't too long to wait.

No comments: